The reishi mushroom, also known as Lingzhi in Chinese, is the collective name for a group of fungi of the Ganoderma family, particularly the
Ganoderma lucidum specie. For more than 2000years, it has been used in traditional Eastern healing doctrines as ”the mushroom of immortality” for their astounding therapeutic action.
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF REISHI MUSHROOM
Ganoderma lucidum mushrooms are superior-class herbs. With this specie, there are a few types of mushrooms, differentiated by their colors: blue/green, red, yellow, purple, white and black. Each type has their own unique qualities, but the most prized of them all is the RED reishi mushroom.
Is it any wonder why reishi mushroom is named the “mushroom of immortality” or the “king of herbs“?
7 TOP HEALTH BENEFITS OF REISHI MUSHROOM (LINGZHI)
• Detoxifies and eliminates toxins from your body
• Cleanses the liver and improves liver functions
• Oxygenates the blood and improve blood circulation. When blood circulation is improved, it is able to carry nutrients for proper distribution to the whole body for improvement of your health, naturally.
• Promotes your body’s self-healing ability
• Superboosts the multi-enzymatic actions in your system
• Repairs and heals damaged cells, while regenerating new healthy cells
• Improves blood viscosity and velocity
• Protects cell DNA from oxidative damage that leads to aging, diseases and cancer
• Protects, repairs and heals the mitochondrial DNA from oxidative damage
• And many more!
HOW TO TAKE REISHI MUSHROOM
Most Eastern specialists state that the effective dose ranges from 1.5 to 9 g of Ganoderma lucidum extract daily, which is the rough equivalent of 15 to 90 g of fresh reishi mushroom.
However, don’t forget that the recommended dose may vary depending on the specific type of product you choose (fresh mushrooms, powder, tincture, tea, extract). Start with a small amount, and gradually increase it. In any case, there is no known side effects from taking Ganoderma lucidum as a long-term supplement.
If you are unsure about using Lingzhi therapeutically for a chronic disease, do work with a qualified health professional or herbalist who has experience with reishi mushroom and who is able to help you with the right dosage for your condition.